Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taco Beef & Noodle Skillet

Anyone who knows me knows that I like my cooking simple & easy- no complicated ingredients, no long drawn -out dishes, and no "destroying the kitchen". Well, that last one happens most of the time when I'm cooking anyway- but you get my drift. Who's got time to be in the kitchen for 2 or 3 hours ? Nobody I know of! Get in- get out- get on with life :-)
This recipe is perfect for that ! One skillet is all you use- and its ready in 40 minutes !

Taco Beef & Noodle Skillet-
you'll need : 1 pound lean ground beef, 1 pkg taco seasoning mix, 2 cups water, 1 pkg. macaroni & cheese dinner, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 large tomato (chopped), 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 cup tortilla chips (broken up).

** Brown meat in a large skillet on medium heat until no longer pink ; drain. Add seasoning mix, water & macaroni ; mix lightly. Reduce heat to med-low and cover. Simmer for about 7 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese sauce mix until well blended. Top with tomatoes, lettuce & tortilla chips. Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment