Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meat Loaf With Cheese

When I was growing up , my mom used to make meat loaf. The traditional meat loaf- with ketchup. And it was always great! Did I mention my Mom was a GREAT cook? But then I found this meat loaf recipe a few years back- and it has NO ketchup! Wasn't sure what to think of that...but I tried it- and it was just as good. Instead it uses one of my most favorite ingredients- CHEESE. And a warning about this recipe- it makes ALOT. I cook just for me & my husband , so I "half" the recipe- works out good! FYI- this is a Venezuela dish- Enjoy!!

Meat Loaf with Cheese-
you'll need : 2 lbs. ground beef, 4 eggs, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic salt, 1 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, 2 tbsp. "57" sauce, 1 tbsp. canola oil, 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2 cups grated cheese.

Mix all ingredients. Put into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

Side Dish Possibilities: serve with a tossed salad, or some mashed potatoes- and even some Asiago cheese bread (which you can now buy at Walmart!).

No comments:

Post a Comment