Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Going Greek

Doing something a little different this time: i am blogging about a recipe I HAVE NOT tried yet! May sound a little strange, but this is one i found the other day in my Cooking Light 5 ingredients 15 minute Cookbook. And I soooooo want to try it. I am a new fan of the Greek salad, and this sandwich sounds right up my alley! My husband has already said there's no way he's eating it - so its one i'll have to fix just for me. As i have said many times before, my hubby is a picky one & doesn't try new foods much. I asked him to try some hummus- he said no way- because he didn't like the name. I just looked at him like he'd lost his mind. Oh well, he's missing out ! Already put the ingredients on my shopping list :-)

GREEK CHICKEN PITAS-

you'll need:
   cooking spray
   1 pound chicken breast tenders
   1 tsp. Greek seasoning
   1/2 cup hummus
   4 (8 inch) pita bread rounds
   1 cup torn romaine lettuce
   2 plum tomatoes, sliced
   1 small cucumber, cut into strips
   1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled basil & tomato flavored feta cheese

here's what you do :
   Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray & place over medium high heat until hot. Sprinkle the chicken with the Greek seasoning & add to skillet. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes or until light brown, stirring occasionally.  While the chicken is cooking, spread hummus evenly over pita rounds. Arrange chicken, lettuce, and remaining ingredients evenly on one half of each pita round. Fold pitas over filling . Secure with toothpicks if needed before serving,  Yields 4 servings.
314 calories per pita- not bad !

Enjoy :-)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment