Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

To me- Thanksgiving is all about being thankful & spending time with family. When I was little , I remember Thanksgiving as having a house full of family and always too much food! As the years went by & I got older , the house was not so full anymore - and I missed that. But this year We have the pleasure of having Thanksgiving at our home with my Dad, his girlfriend, and her daughter and of course me & Greg. And I am so excited about that!! I just wanted to take a moment to say I have SOOOO much to be thankful for - and I thank God for that. So, that being said- I wanted to share with you today a couple of recipes that take me back to my childhood (aka the good ole days).

Cocoa Gravy -
you'll need : 3 tbsp. flour, 2 tbsp.cocoa, 4 tbsp sugar, 2 cups milk, 2 tbsp butter, 1 tsp vanilla flavoring.
* Mix first four ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until boiling , then add butter & vanilla flavoring. Stir until thickened. Serve over some hot biscuits & enjoy !!! **



Peanut Butter Icing ( to be put on a yellow cake)-
You'll bake your cake according to directions on cake mix & then top it with this AWESOME icing !!!
You'll need : 1 and a half cup sugar, 7 tbsp. milk, 2 tbsp. shortening, 2 tbsp. butter, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla flavoring, 1/2 cup peanut butter.
**Combine sugar, milk, shortening, butter, & salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, let boil for 1 or 2 min. without stirring. Remove from heat, add vanilla & peanut butter. Stir until smooth & quickly spread on cake. **

No comments:

Post a Comment