Sunday, November 15, 2009

A blog? Maybe thats a good idea ! Could I do that?

A friend suggested I do a recipe blog- my thought was "great idea- but I know nothing about that" So, here I go- lets see if I can do this! My friends are always so sweet to compliment my food and always ask for my recipes. Enjoy & Bon Appetit !


Chicken Chowder (this ones for you Elaine!)
you'll need:
1 can chicken broth
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup-undiluted
1 can condensed cream of potato soup-undiluted
1 and a half cups of milk
2 cans of diced tomatoes- undrained
2 cups of cubed cooked chicken
1 can of Mexicorn- drained
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 can diced green chilies
1 and a half cups of shredded cheddar cheese
** In a large dutch oven or saucepan - combine broth, soups & milk. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, Mexicorn, onion & chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer -uncovered- for 15 minutes. Top with cheese when serving. Makes 8 servings.
*Serve with some cornbread or garlic bread - YUM !!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. I've never tried a chicken chowder before.

    Good luck on your blog! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete