Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mini Cheese Balls

Ever wonder what to make for a party thats a great appetizer, but doesn't cost alot to make ? I've got your answer ;-)   One of my doctors I work for, and fellow crafter- we'll call her Dr. B- gave me this great recipe to make for our monthly Stampin Up club . I made it- and it was a big hit ! And they're bite size- can't beat that.....

Mini Cheese Balls-
  you'll need : 2 blocks cream cheese (softened), 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup chopped green onions (more or less to taste ), 1/2 cup real bacon bits, 1 ounce package of Ranch dressing mix, 2 cups chopped pecans.

here's what you do :
   Mix all of the ingredients together except pecans. Roll into bite sized balls (about the size of a ping pong ball- about 2 bites). Roll into chopped pecans. Store in the fridge. You can make them ahead of time- just don't roll them into the pecans until the day of.
Serve with your favorite crackers  ( I like 'em with Triscuits!)

Enjoy !!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment