Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Thanksgiving with the Family.....

What do you remember most about Thanksgivings past ? I always remember when i was younger we would always go to my grandparents house- and there was always a house full of people & the best food EVER! As I've always said- my grandmother & mother were the best cooks- and those times with them I'll always treasure. There are foods that just take me back to those times, and today I want to share one of those foods with you.....

Granny's Cornbread Dressing:

you'll need : 1 pan of baked cornbread in a 13x9 pan , 3 cans Cream of Chicken soup, 3 cans chicken broth, 1 can Cream of Celery soup, 2 cups chopped onion, 16 slices of bread (torn), Sage to taste.

here's what you do: Crumble cornbread in a VERY large bowl. Add bread , onions & sage. Heat soups and pour over bread mixture. Stir & mash with a potato masher. Pour into a VERY large roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1  1/2 to 2 hours.

AND you can't forget the Giblet Gravy to top it off!!

Giblet Gravy-

you'll need : 3 cups chicken broth, 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1 can Cream of Chicken soup,  1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped chicken or turkey , 3 hard boiled eggs (chopped ) , pepper to taste.

here's what you do : Mix broth & flour until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients . Cook until hot & thick.

** I hope you all  enjoy a wonderful thanksgiving with your families! Enjoy the little things that mean so much :-)  ****




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment